Role : Supply Chain Lead
Experience : 5 to 10 Years
Job Location : Chennai
About OJ Commerce:
OJ Commerce (OJC), a rapidly expanding and profitable online retailer, is headquartered in Florida, USA, with a fully-functional office in Chennai, India. We deliver exceptional value to our customers by harnessing cutting-edge technology, fostering innovation, and establishing strategic brand partnerships to enable a seamless, enjoyable shopping experience featuring high-quality products at unbeatable prices. Our advanced, data-driven system streamlines operations with minimal human intervention.
Our extensive product portfolio encompasses over a million SKUs and more than 2,500 brands across eight primary categories. With a robust presence on major platforms such as Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, Home Depot, and eBay, we directly serve consumers in the United States.
As we continue to forge new partner relationships, our flagship website, www.ojcommerce.com, has rapidly emerged as a top-performing e-commerce channel, catering to millions of customers annually.
The Supply Chain Lead will implement strategic and tactical supply planning based on data-driven decisions, conduct and oversee forecast improvement initiatives, and utilize advanced analytical strategies such as simulation, modelling, optimization techniques, and predictive analytics.
- Lead the Supply and Demand Planning process with an emphasis on enhancing forecast precision and product availability, and optimizing stock levels.
- Propel the transformation of the end-to-end value chain within a complex environment to boost operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive initiatives to improve Inventory Turn Over (ITO) and Material Availability.
- Adopt a systematic approach to problem-solving, utilizing techniques such as Fishbone, PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act), DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control), 5 Whys, 8D and brainstorming.
- Apply advanced analytics and optimization methodologies to enhance operational outcomes.
- Navigate the intricacies of complex supply chain networks to enhance overall performance by implementing creative and innovative solutions to independently solve problems in ambiguous situations with minimal guidance.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Logistics or a related field.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in a global supply chain function, particularly within the forecasting and planning areas
- Proficiency in analytics tools like R, Python, and SQL and advanced Excel.
- Familiarity with techniques such as linear, integer and dynamic programming, simulation, queing theory, stochastic modeling, and heuristic optimization
- Comprehensive understanding of various supply chain functions such as planning, forecasting, transportation, warehousing, inventory management, and strategic sourcing.
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, uncertain environment with limited supervision.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Prior experience in enhancing Forecast Accuracy, reducing Days of Inventory (DOI), and improving availability.
What we Offer
• Competitive salary
• Medical Benefits/Accident Cover
• Flexi Office Working Hours
• Fast paced start up