Role : Sr. Manager – Business Development
Experience : 8-12 Years
Job Location : Chennai
About OJ Commerce:
OJ Commerce (OJC) is a fast-growing, profitable online retailer based in Florida, USA with a full-fledged India office based in Chennai. Our vision is to be the best-in-class ecommerce company delivering exceptional value to all stakeholders. We deliver exceptional value to customers by leveraging technology, innovation, and brand-partnerships to provide a seamless & enjoyable shopping of high-quality products at the best prices. We have established a sophisticated, data-driven system to run the operations with virtually no human intervention.
Our portfolio of products comprises over a million SKUs, 2,500+ third-party brands across 8 major categories. The private label business of OJ Commerce is a separate line of business and is not under the scope of this role.
- Consistently meet OJC's third-party brands' sales budgets
- Expand the brand portfolio and deepen the relationships with the brands
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to continuously enhance value to customers in terms of product range, availability, price, and service
- Negotiate contracts with preferential terms in terms of cost, availability, and service
- Establish operational performance metrics for vendors and ensure adherence to agreed service levels
- Create processes for comprehensive monitoring of the competitive landscape and initiate appropriate measures for favourable results
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years’ experience in online retail and a successful track record in a business development role. Exposure to drop-ship business model and North American vendors is preferred.
- Must have excellent analytical skills with a high level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Superior negotiation skills in standard as well as complex environments/situations
- Capability to work collaboratively with peers, vendors, and supply chain partners and influence their key leaders
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment, manage multiple priorities, and reliably get things done on-time
- Must be able to deal with ambiguity and make decisions with imperfect or inadequate information
- Ability to thrive in high-pressure environments
- The Incumbent will report to the COO located in Chennai and will manage a team of 8-10 members
Should be ready to work extensively during US business hours (Eastern Time) based on business need.
What we Offer
- Fast paced start-up with unlimited opportunity to make an impact
- Environment & Culture to realize your Potential
- Competitive salary
- Medical Benefits/Accident Cover
- Flexi Office Working Hours
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying